This simple recipe uses gelatin to set it rather than cooking. You don’t want to cook all those good buggies in your kefir (or yogurt). I love when tasty meets healthy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Nut Crust
- 1 pkg unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- About 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of kefir or yogurt reduced to 2 cups kefir cheese (you can use 16 oz cream cheese), softened
- 3/4 cup rapadura sugar (unprocessed sugar or honey)
- juice 1 lemon (save zest for crust)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 16 oz pumpkin (preferably fresh but canned will do)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water for about 5 mins. Add 1/4 cup hot water and stir to dissolve.
In a stand mixer with a paddle, mix kefir until smooth. Add sugar, lemon juice, cream, pumpkin, spices and salt. Whip for about 2 mins on medium speed. Mix in gelatin until well blended.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp rapadura sugar