Man, I impressed myself with this one. This is my favorite kind of meal, few ingredients, all healthy ingredients, fast and tastes unbelievable! This meal is my favorite meal to throw together in the morning and come home to in the evening. It’s gluten free and can be grain free as long as you don’t use corn tortillas. For a great corn tortilla replacement, try these wraps from My Heart Beets http://myheartbeets.com/paleo-naan-indian-bread/.
Chicken Tacos to Die For
- 2 lbs chicken breast, bone in or bone out, I actually used some of each
- 3 chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce (if you want more of a punch, add more chilies)
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cups salsa or a 15 oz can of chopped stewed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Salt to taste
- Taco shells (omit for a GAPS legal meal)
- In a crockpot, place chicken breasts (no need to defrost if frozen). Pour in the tomatoes. Mix in the chipotle chilies and and adobo sauce, garlic and cinnamon sticks. Top with the slices of onion. I give it a bit of a stir to make sure the chicken is coated. Cook on high for about 4 hours (low for 8). You'll want the meat to be tender enough to just fall off the bone.
- Remove the chicken pieces, chipotle peppers and cinnamon sticks. Shred the chicken, I do this using two forks. Throw out the peppers and cinnamon (you can chop the peppers up and leave them in the mix, but it will be hotter). Put the chicken back in the crockpot with all the yummy juices and mix thoroughly.
- This tastes great on tacos or as a taco salad. Add your favorite taco toppings like cheese, sour cream, more salsa and salad.
From Your Freezer To Your Family; Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes – This is an eBook written by Stephanie of Mama and Baby Love.It is 95% grain free and gluten free, and anytime a grain was involved (outside the extra recipe of Stephanie’s father-in-laws empanadas) was as a side to add later after the main meal was cooked.This book has a lot of great ideas, plus a plan to get meals prepped and put up in the freezer for easy meals later on.
Cooking With Coconut Oil So you know coconut oil is really good for you but how do you use it? Written by Jennifer Saleem of Hybrid Rasta Mama this book is an excellent resource for getting more coconut oil into your diet. It includes many great slow cooker recipes as well and is gluten free with many grain free recipes as well.
This post is part of 80 Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Recipes.
**This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing from these links helps support Pickle Me Too, allowing me to post and store all of my free recipes. Thank you!**